Boy, 12, dies after being electrocuted on railway track
15 October 2019, 16:12
A 12-year-old boy has died after getting electrocuted on a railway line in Bootle, Merseyside.
Emergency services were called to the scene at 7pm on Monday following repots two boys were seen on the tracks.
The schoolboy, named locally as James, died instantly at the scene.
Officers are not treating James' death as suspicious.
His family have been informed and are being supported by specially trained officers.
Floral tributes have been left at the scene including one written by his girlfriend.
It read: "Shine bright like a diamond.You were the happiest little boy.
"You will be missed. By your girl."
DCI Steve Lewis said: “This is an incredibly tragic incident which I know will have shocked many in the local community.
“I would like to extend my deepest condolences to the boy’s family and request that they are given the space and privacy they need to come to terms with this devastating loss.
“While we have no reason to be believe there were any suspicious circumstances to this incident, we are still working to establish the full circumstances behind the boy’s death.
"I would like to appeal to anyone in the area who may have seen two young boys close to the tracks around this time to get in touch with us.
“You can do so by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 488 of 14/10/19.”